Who doesn’t love a good mindless Instagram scroll every once in a while- right? We find ourselves often seeking out people in the vegan and plant-based community who have a unique voice and are always using it to provide value. Thankfully, we’ve come across our next guest a few months ago and have been obsessed with her content since. This week’s Mabbh Spotlight is model, fashion and beauty influencer, and creator of website: Thank you, Plant Based God- Valentina Nazareth Padilla Soteldo.
Her newly launched blog ( Thank you, Plant Based God ) details unique recipes and incite on leading a plant based diet. We are so excited to get to know her and pick her brain on all things food, beauty and her journey in the process.
1. Hi Valentina, tell us a little about yourself!
My name is Valentina Nazareth Padilla Soteldo and I am from Caracas, Venezuela. I was raised in Queens and currently reside in Brooklyn. I am a cat lover and love a plant based lifestyle. My passions are in skincare and sneakers!
2. You are always posting the best selfies on the gram, can you spill a little of your daily beauty routine to us?
Thank you! I use to be so hesitant on sharing my daily beauty routine because what works for me doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for everyone. But I can share that I drink LOTS of water and make sure to always use SPF.
3. Top 3 vegan beauty products you'd take to the grave?
Cocokind skincare is also amazing!! Their products are great and are a true definition of doing skincare beauty products right.
4. What do you think about the cruelty-free and clean beauty movement in cosmetics?
A trend indeed that should’ve caught on a LONG time ago but better late than never!
5. Do you have a wellness/self-care routine? Anything you use to destress after a long day of work?
6. We’ve seen you are also a big sneakerhead and fan. What are your top 3 vegan picks?
7. You are also starting a plant based food blog called "Thank you plant based God", can you tell us more on what we should expect to see over there?
Plant based recipes and whole hearted blog entries on my food journey! Stay tuned...
8. Tell us a little about your plant based journey and what you remember that made you make the switch?
My dearest Kameron. He has been plant based for 10+ years and just a force of habit of always being together and eating similar definitely changed my mood and I just felt better.
Also- since birth I have suffered with extreme anemia. Many doctor visits would overrule a healthy diet and suggest iron pills instead - for me, that sucked. I hate pills! My parents are huge advocates for healthy and clean eating and encouraged juicing - even then that was not enough to even out my iron deficiency. Being anemic disrupted my daily energy, worsened my menstrual cycle and overall health. I decided to really hone in on what was going into my system that was causing my body to self implode - cue FOOD! Very simply I cut out meat from my food 2 years ago - cue pescatarian, fast forward 8 months ago, I completely removed any animal derived food from my diet - cue plant based!
9. What is your all time favorite meal to cook for friends and family?
10. In three words, best describe how you feel after going plant based.
Energetic, Happy, Calm
Follow Valentina on Instagram, and let us know who we should talk to next!